Monday, March 21, 2011

One Day at a Time - My Artistic Journey

I posted briefly in my last post about my life as an artist and a few of the things that I may or may not do in only a single day. I thought that today I'd go a little more in depth into some of the other parts of my creative journey. What is a creative journey? You may be asking yourself that very question. Though, on the other hand, you may not. It's all the same to me. Anyways, everybody has their own description or feelings on an artistic journey. Or a creative journey. See, there's an example right there. Some people call it a creative journey, while others refer to it fondly as an artistic journey. Some might not even refer to it as anything, but it's there just the same. I know it sounds strange; having an opinion on something, but not necessarily being aware of it. But it happens every day, in almost all aspects of our lives.

I call it an artistic journey. Because I'm an artist. And this post is to introduce you to what I think it is. Everybody has their own opinion. This is just mine. So here we go. Three. Two. One. My idea of an artistic journey are the goals that you go through to become a greater artist. Think about it. We all have creative goals. Whether they are small things, such as finishing sewing the buttons on a jacket we've just created, or if they're something huge, like one of my goals is to make and trade 1,001 ATCs, which are small (2.5"x3.5") pieces of art. Yes it's a big goal. But it's a good one. It gives you something to work towards. Something that, in all, will actually make you that much better as an artist.

These goals are important in everybody's life as an artist. If you don't have goals, then there is nothing for you to complete, thus, nothing to do. I'm not going to share all of my goals here with you, because there are far too many to list. And most of them wouldn't be exciting to anybody but me. Let's take for example, some of your goals. Depending upon what type of artist you are, you will have different goals than the next, or the previous person reading this post. For instance, if one of your goals is to cross stitch a pillow, then great; that's good. It's a goal of your's and that makes it special to you. However, to someone else, specifically artists that don't cross stitch, that may seem like a meaningless goal. At least it is to them. Since they don't know what it takes.

That's another benefit of my style of art. I do so many crafts and different types of art, that there probably aren't many that I haven't tried, or at least heard of. So I learn to appreciate all types of art, and all the goals that come with them, no matter how small they may seem to others less interested. That's my opinion. And I'm sticking to it. Perhaps tomorrow I may be able to share some of my work with you guys. I'd like that. I'd like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...