Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Wash Makeover


Okay, so as I told you guys plenty of times yesterday, I completely hated my page I made yesterday. So I thought I'd just give you a bit of a tutorial on how to fix/change a page that you hate. I decided that the best way to fix something like this would either be to paint over it or use a wash. I haven't done washes in a long time. So I decided that I'd go with that. I decided that the problem was that the page was just a little uncoordinated.

So I decided that I'd use a black wash over top of it, just so all of the colors will manage to meld together, as that's what I was trying for in the very beginning. So what you do is you start off with a bunch of supplies. I show them above. It uses a page you want to redo, a pallet with some black paint in it, a basic paintbrush, and a little container of water. You mix the black paint with a bit of water.


Then, use the paintbrush to paint over the entire background. I like to totally saturate it. I think it makes the end result much better. Then take a baby wipe, a paper towel, or a napkin and just wipe away. The below picture is what it looks like after this.


I really like it now. I'm pretty happy with this. It's awesome. I think it may be one of my favorite pages now since I first started this Art Journal Everyday challenge. It's day 7 I think, and it's been going pretty well up until now. I know that it took a bit too long to get this post up, but at least it's still today. It's pretty awesome. I also worked on this page for the Green Isle Crafts art journal challenge. Today's challenge was No Waste. To use something in your page that you normally wouldn't. I chose phone book paper.


Here's the finished page all in all. You know what I mean? I know that I'm totally addicted to this zebra ribbon. I like it so much. It's weird. :)


I've also got this card. It's been fun working with cards lately. I really, really like this card though. It's cool. I like the way that the curved lines make it seem like space. I know, it's weird. But anyways.


Here's a better view of the card. I like it a lot. The card challenge was called Just a Touch, and the actual challenge was to use a stamped image and put two touches of color in the image. I like the way it looks. It's pretty cool. So anyways, that's all I've got for today... hope to see you guys tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. That wash looks awesome. I'm gonna have to try that on something. Your rocket card looks great with that little splash of color! Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...