Wednesday, September 7, 2011

ICAD #6 + Background Tutorial


Hey guys!! I'm here. Once again. :) Yes. I'm so happy. :) Today I've got a really cool thing to share with you. I was working on an index card today, and came up with this technique, so I decided to share it with you guys. You know how I was telling you about "lifting" paint onto cards? Well I started with one of those today, with a dark blue background. You can see how cool this looks so far.


Now I just used some yellow poster paint and totally covered the entire background. I coated it on there pretty heavily. It looked green instead of blue for a second, but I take care of this in the next step. I love it so much.


You simply take another card and place that down on top and lift it again. So see what I've got? Two backgrounds already. :)



And for this finished card, I took the yellow and blue card and painted blue all over the top of the card, and lifted once again. The other one looks pretty cool too; the one I used to lift it off. Then I simply collaged the piece down in the corner. I'll show you the lifted piece tomorrow. :) I was also working on some backgrounds and stuff for my color challenge with Dede. I'm so excited for that. :) Working it to the extreme. :) And that's all I've got for the day. See you guys tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan ! Great blog, love your paper beads, and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique and card!

    Glad I found your blog through the "All Kinds of Artists" Artist Blog Hop...
    I am your newest follower! :)

    Looking forward to reading your posts!
    I invite you to check out my blog, too!
    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...