Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Really" Art Journal Page


Hey everyone! I'm back again today, as promised.

Today is going to be a bit of a shorter post, but I am going to be sharing a page with you guys. I did this page very gradually, step by step, one layer at a time, throughout the day. I haven't really had a whole lot of time to just sit down and churn something out as of late, so it's really nice to be able to sit down and do a part. It's a bit different than what I'm used to, but I'm really enjoying it. 

I love the colors for this page as well; I don't generally use a whole lot of yellow, so when I came up with the idea for this combination, I was pretty excited to get it started.


Here's a bit of a close up of the page itself.

I used a typewriter on some graph paper, double spacing so that I'd be able to cut the lines apart a bit easier, and so that I would have some type of formatting. 

The pink polka dot background is tissue paper that I simply glued down to the page; you can kind of see the lines of my composition notebook in the background, behind it. The black circles were stamped with the lid of a spray bottle, and I did a yellow wash in some areas of the page. That made the transparency of the pink mix with the transparency of the yellow. 

It made orange, and highlighted some of the wrinkles of the tissue paper.

I hope you guys enjoyed today's post, and I'll see you guys tomorrow! Also, don't forget to check in with the Resize It! challenge. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a linky up, but until then, feel free to post any links to your pages in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...