Friday, January 18, 2013

Resize It! Prompt #1


Hey everyone! Jordan here!

I know I said earlier that I was going to do this post tomorrow, but I'm just so excited that I just can't wait! 

I was thinking the other day, and trying to decide what I wanted to do, as a reentrance to the art world. Since it has been so long, and I've missed you all so much, I didn't want to just do something basic. I wanted to do something out of the ordinary. Extraordinary. 

So I decided to do a challenge. Yes, you heard that right. A challenge. I'm introducing it, as of today. There's not a whole lot to it, but the general essence of things is that you will be working in a size of art that you are not used to. Using myself as an example, those of you who follow my art know that I work in composition notebooks. Front and back, not gluing any pages together. That's how I feel most comfortable.

However, for Christmas, I received a small paperback moleskin, with a Doctor Who reference on the front. I freaked out about it, as is to be expected from a geek such as myself. However, I didn't know what to do with it. I didn't want to ruin it by drawing in it. But I've decided to suck it up for the purpose of this challenge. :D


Here's a general picture of some of the things I have pulled aside to use during this challenge. I talk a bit more about this in the video, but I decided to post a picture as well. Just for the heck of it. And because I think it looks cool. XD

First, I'm going to present you with the first prompt:

Set up the theme and style for your new journal with the first page or spread.

Without further ado, I present to you, the video:


I will admit that the editing style was very much inspired by Donna Downey's videos, with the mix of music and speaking. I love the way her videos are, and even though I know mine probably aren't comparable, I decided to do it this way as I get into the swing of doing my own videos.

Also, I apologize for the backwards text, I know that's an inconvenience. I need to figure out how to change that.

I'll see you guys tomorrow; I'm not really sure what I'll post then, but we'll see what happens. :)

Feel free to link your own post below! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

1 comment:

  1. Great video! Really liked watching how you work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...