Thursday, May 5, 2011

Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista


As I was sitting down yesterday, brainstorming ideas for the blog, I had an idea. To me, at the time, it seemed genius. It's probably not as cool as I thought it was, but I'm gonna work with it anyways. I own a book called Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista. It was given to me in a RAK by Dede (Thanks Dede!!), and I've loved looking through it and simply using it for inspiration in my art. But here's the deal. I haven't really done that many of the projects done in it. I just thought that it might be cool to mess around with the many different projects in the book.

I know that there are a bunch of people out there that are considering buying the book, but aren't sure about it. Maybe this will also help them figure out if it's their style of something to invest it. I actually highly recommend this book though, because I think that it's very well written and also very inspirational to all creative types. Even if you're a quilter, I'm pretty sure the colors and combinations that she does in the book would give you inspiration. I think that she has a style that just feels so playful and fearless - a lot like I try to have in my artwork. I love the book. It's amazing.

Anyways, if you're looking for an update on some of my artwork, I don't really have any pictures today either, but I do have a few words to share with you. I've been working dutifully on my trench coat muslin; I don't know if I mentioned that on here before or not. I've mostly just been playing around with shapes and cutting out all of my pieces that are necessary to the coat itself. So yeah. That's what I've got for you and I'll see you all next time!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...