Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trash Bag Fashion


Okay, so I know that this episode of Project Runway is an old one, but when I came across this picture from the show, my jaw literally hit the floor. And really, i don't think that I've found it since. If you haven't seen the show, or you don't want a spoiler, then you should probably leave now (I hope you don't though). But this look was made COMPLETELY from black trash bags and blue masking tape. I was amazed when I saw this. Like I've said before. This was absolute genius on the designer's part. And let's just say I was a little more than inspired. Seeing this made me want to make clothes even more; I've only done four or so pieces, but I'm already feeling like I should be better. (That's just my personality I guess. Hopping right into things without thinking. Ha.)

But anyways; any of you that have been with me for any extended period of time know what I'm about to suggest. I'm going to start a new personal challenge. I love this idea though. I'm going to work my way through ALL the project runway challenges. It will encourage me to mess around with different techniques and possibilities as well as challenging my creative side to think up fresh, new ideas. The first ever challenge on Project Runway was to make an outfit using only things you could find at a grocery store. So I'm going to steal the idea from above (of course. That's typical and CERTAINLY not expected) and use trash bags to create a faux leather effect. But mine's going to be much different. Stay tuned for more updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...