Friday, June 3, 2011

Creative Ideas 6.1


Hey all! I'm back with yet another blog post for all of you. I was thinking that maybe once or twice a month I could post on here with a few different creative ideas to use in your art. I think that it could be a cool idea, and you guys could post in the comments with your discoveries and blog posts showcasing your finds. We'll see how this goes. I think that it's a good idea, but I guess I'll never know until I try, right? So here we go. Tell me what you think.

  • Make an art journal page that you stamp with acrylic paint and bubble wrap.
  • Scrape some paint over a page, then let it dry. Scrape another color over top and let it dry as well. Spray with water, then after a minute or so, scrape the water off.
  • Paste a bunch of different sizes and shapes of book paper all over the background of a page, then scrape paint and layer over top
  • Stamp with ink on top of Mod Podge, then smudge it gently.
  • Experiment with lots of layers; try collage, stamping, acrylic paint, color scraping, tissue paper, wax crayons, watercolors, water soluble pastels or crayons, etc.
Tell me what you guys think! Does this sound like something you'd like to see regularly? Or does it seem boring? Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...