Tuesday, July 3, 2012

31 Hearts: Day 3


Hello my art friends ! How are all of you guys doing today? Sorry the post is so late getting to you guys today; I know I've been saying that a lot lately. But really, I just threw some of this together a few minutes ago so that I would have something to show you. You see, I do have an excuse though. I was out thrifting today with a friend of mine. Sadly, I didn't find anything crafty, but I did find some interesting, unique clothing that was totally my style. So I was totally pumped about that. That was this morning. Then, this afternoon, when I normally do my art, I had to clean my room. It's still not done, but most of it is. And then the rest of the night I watched Lost. I meant to only watch one episode. I really did. But I got sucked into that crazy world, just like I did with Prison Break. Here's to hoping that the ending isn't QUITE as bad. We'll see.


Anyways, I'd like to start us off today with my 31 Hearts page. That seems to be what I've been doing a lot of lately. But here's the deal. I really enjoy the way that these pages have been turning out. Plus, I've really enjoyed working in a full page format again. I missed it. What with all my small mini pages for all my other challenges I have going. Plus, I really feel as if this challenge is almost forcing me to push my limits as an artist. And for me, that is really a good thing. It is almost forcing me to define my own style. I have come up with several things in the past two months that I feel really show my own artistic abilities and strengths, and I'm currently looking for ways to showcase that in my art. These challenges that I've been participating in are simply helping me to narrow that down. And develop it.


I decided to do a broken heart today. I actually made the stencil for this myself, which is actually part of what I meant about developing my own style. When I first started art journaling, I would have had no idea where to begin with that kind of thing; with the inspiration I am getting now. I probably would have postponed the project until I could find the proper stencil or mask. But now I'm making my own. And I like it so much better. I feel as if it's more me. And nobody is going to have a stencil exactly like it, even if they try. And I think that's cool. It's what makes me unique.

Another thing that I've really enjoyed about this challenge is the way that it keeps generating me new ideas. I know that it may sound kind of strange to any non-artists that may be reading this. But that's kind of why I say it. Just today, when I was working on this page, I came up with two NEW ideas for heart pages. And I'm sure that those are going to create more. It's just a matter of time before I have way too many heart ideas for pages, and have to pick one to work with, and save the rest for another day.


And here is my ICAD for today. The daily challenge was to paint a girl on your card. Even though I'm not so fond of the way that this one turned out, I was fairly inspired, and I think I may try again tomorrow. I know. I don't generally use the same prompt twice. But I don't think there's a problem with that. I was considering using a bit more acrylic paint than I did here, and making it in a horizontal format, instead of a vertical one. Also, I had some cool color ideas. But it's still in the processing stage. In my head. We'll see how it turns out on paper.


And, of course, here I am with my daily 30-30-30 Challenge page. It's actually extremely hard to believe that this challenge is almost over. I have enjoyed it immensely, and may consider doing something similar in the months to come, even if I do it somewhat individually. This is actually Day 23 of this challenge. That means I only have a week until it's over. But, after those seven days are up, I'll have the fun challenge of trying to decide how exactly I want to try and bind these suckers. I haven't a clue in the world, to be completely honest with you. And I think, after that it is over, it'll be nice to have a whole, completed art journal. I don't have one of those yet. But I will. So that will be cool.


And finally, the last thing that I have to show you guys today are my ATCs that I created. I love the way that these turned out; the texture is amazing. The texture of a piece can definitely add a lot to it. I have learned that from experience. A lot of my older pieces didn't have a lot of texture. I think that it's kind of cool to see the way my art has changed. It's interesting. These cards are also available for trade, if anyone wants them. That brings my ATC Challenge count to 8/101. Not too bad so far. Not too bad.
Well. That's all I have for you guys today. And I'll see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...