Sunday, July 1, 2012

31 Hearts: Page #1


Hey everybody! It's Jordan, and I'm here with all of you guys again today. I know that I didn't manage to update my blog again yesterday, as I was hoping to, but we had a visitor from Ohio who came and stayed with us for a night. I still did the art, I just wasn't able to update you guys a second time. I might add some of that stuff on here later so that you can see it. But anyways. Let's get onto the first project that I did today.


It was actually an art journal page. I was trying to visualize an idea that I had when I read the challenge on Alaya's Art blog; to make 31 hearts in the month of July.  I had a concept that I was trying to visualize for it, but when I flipped to this page, when I was trying to decide what page to work on, the very basic sketch of this face called to me to try and complete it; or, at the very least, work on it. Just the basic sketch was down. I used a bunch of watercolor and acrylic paints that were already in my pallet; this page was basically made up of leftovers. THIS is why I can never throw anything away. :)


As I was working on this girl however, what I started to imagine was a type of heart on her dress. And then, I started to realize that sort of went along with the challenge. So I decided to go with this for today's heart page, instead of the original concept that I had. So that will most likely be tomorrow's page. But the cool thing about this page, for me at least, is that I feel like that I am really starting to develop my style in faces and portraits a lot more than I have in the past. For example, I like this a lot more, and feel it's more my style than this portrait I did for my color challenge. Even though I like that one too.


And HERE I have my 30-30-30 challenge for you guys today. So. Let me tell you something; I have a surprise for you guys today! I decided to start recording my process of doing these 30-30-30 pages. And, if you click here, you can see me make this page.
I hope you like it!


Here, we have my ICAD for today. Number 31. For this card, I used the prompt "dramatic". Now, honestly, I don't really know if this card is all that dramatic. But what I was thinking about when I came up with the concept for this card was how things that are dramatic are often times big and bold. I was thinking about just putting the crab image down in the middle of the card, and building the collage around it, but I decided not to do that, when, by freak accident, I laid the girl down right on top of it. And I just happened to really like the way that it looked. And really, it just evolved from there, me adding more collage elements and pieces to make and interesting piece.


And this piece too, like a lot of my more recent pieces, is really all about the details. I have loved incorporating that into my newer pieces. As I said earlier, as of late, I feel as if my style is progressing. That it is really becoming possible for me to create my own style that is definably me. Which is saying a lot, since I am so eclectic by nature.


Here is a closer view of some of the more minuscule elements. Layered on top of one another, I really enjoy the effects. And that would be that. For today at least. So, I hope that you guys enjoyed this post, and will join me again tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. These pages are great I love adding girls to my journal pages kind of as inner support as they smile out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome journal page! Love the heart on her dress :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eyes, and the ransom-note journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's darling! Thanks for playing!
    To help more people post in your blog, is recommended you turn off the "captcha" words, some people still have trouble seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...