Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Age of Ignorance - Daily Art Journal Page


Hola people! I'm back today, with yet another art journal page. Today, I used the opposite page of the beginning of the spread I began yesterday. I realized that I wouldn't like it as a full spread, so I decided to paint over the one side of it. I liked the depth I knew I would get, and I think I may have mentioned my plans to do so yesterday. 


Anyways. The title (Age of Ignorance) is actually the tile of my current most favorite song. One of my guy friends, whose style in music is very similar to mine, sent it to me on Facebook over the weekend, and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since then. Actually, I'm listening to it right now, even as I sit here typing to you guys. I'll link to the song itself here, if you want to listen to it for yourself. It's about the corruption of government and society in America. 

Because it has been stuck in my head for so long, I knew that I had to do something about it. And the only thing I could think of was to record it in my art journal. At first I was planning on actually putting some of the lyrics from the song on the page, but the more I thought about it, I thought it would be interesting to do some of my own thoughts on the concept. 


Here's a few more of the details. I had some punch out letters that came with a scrapbooking kit I had from years ago, and I just painted over them with some metallic paint, to make them blend with the rest of the page. And I really like the way that worked out. Some of the leftover paint I had from painting the layer on top of them created a sort of mask on my scrap paper, which was kind of entertaining. 

Also, today I went to the Holocaust Museum as a field trip with my school. It certainly wasn't a very happy experience, and was very emotionally draining. I got to a point, near the end, where I wasn't completely sure that I wasn't going to burst into tears. However,  I managed to keep a level head, and have taken some time since then to work through some of the emotions. Expect some pages based on that in the very near future. It was an emotional experience, and that's what I like to journal about. Things that mean something to me. 

Linking to Ruby Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...