Sunday, February 10, 2013

Superbowl 2013: Daily Art Journal Page



Hello everyone! What's going on? Hopefully you've all been doing what you enjoy over the weekend, whether that be art or something else. I personally have been working on a few art journaling pages, and have been watching a few of my favorite shows. I finally got Season 7 of Doctor Who (the first five episodes) from the library, and I watched the first two today. I love it so far. That is one amazing show. 

Anyways. I just got around to making a Superbowl page in my art journal, even though I've been considering doing it for quite some time. I'm not really sure what've been holding me back for this long, but I'm glad that I did. 


Basically, I just went with the colors of the Ravens, as they were the team that won. If the 49ers would have won, then I would have gone with their colors. Eventually I'm going to add some journaling to this page as well. The funny thing is that I didn't even watch the Superbowl game. I was too busy playing basketball and video games with my guy friends. Which made me think that it was comical that  I even decided to make a page for the event. However, as I felt it was a major event, and something that happened in my life, I needed to document it. If I would have been keeping a regular journal, I would have written it down in there. Why not in my art journal as well.

I will also say that I have another page/spread planned for doing on what I ACTUALLY did for the Superbowl. ;)


Here's just a bit more of a close up of the detail in the layers of this page. At first, I was having a lot of difficulty with the colors, as they kept getting muddled. As purple is made up of red and blue, when I added the yellow/gold color, I would get brown, since the 3 primary colors were getting mixed together. However, I eventually managed to pull it off, after much layering and patience. 

It's certainly not my favorite page in the world, but I can definitely cope. 

Thanks for visiting guys, and I'll talk at you later!

2 comments:

  1. Great journal page! We're in skiing season in my country so that's what we watch every day. Superbowl doesn't do it for us. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...