Thursday, January 12, 2012

Creative Experiments 1.5


Hey guys! I'm back, once again, and this time I'm here with a series that I decided to bring back. I had it going a little while ago, but I'm planning on doing a more planned version of the blog now for you guys! I think you might be able to follow it a little better, and I think that I'll have a lot more fun working on it! So where I just left off with this series, I was playing around with white acrylic paint. I was messing around, and trying to use it in as many ways as I could possibly think of. Sadly, I lost my previous list of ideas for the white acrylic paint, but I made a new one, and I was playing around with one of my new ones. I had the idea that if I mixed tube watercolor with the white acrylic paint that it might come up with an effect that's sort of like gouache. Even though it kind of worked, it wasn't the best reaction in the world.

The page on the right (the green) is actual gouache. The way you use gouache is pretty much like watercolor, although it's very much more opaque. I love it. The yellow on the left side is the watercolor and the white paint. As you can see, it's pretty transparent. But not nearly as transparent as watercolor. So it's pretty cool; I came up with a kind of paint that's kind of in the middle in the transparency state of mind. 


And here we have that canvas that I showed you guys a little while ago. I added a few more layers of paint, doodling, sprays and such, and I really like the way it's turning out. I think I still might do a little bit more with it, but I'm still not quite sure. But that's all I've got for you guys today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...