Saturday, January 7, 2012

21 Secrets and an All Paper Collage


Hey guys! I'm back with you guys, and am sharing with you a couple of things. Two pages in my art journal and an all paper on cardstock collage. But more on that collage thing later. Let's get things started here with a couple of art journal pages that I've worked on. These two pages here are from two entirely different courses on the 21 Secrets course (which I am still working on BTW, just without the videos), and aren't eve supposed to be a spread. I thought that I would show you in one picture and just talk about them as separate pieces though, and I thought that it would be quicker and take up less picture space if I did them separately. Okay. So let's start with the one on the left. This is from the daisyyellow course on the thing and she called this a Layer Cake. I really enjoyed making it, and it turned out very grungy and spontaneous, which just happens to be the way that I tend to work anyways in real life. I thought it very cool, and I loved that it seemed to just be a good technique/idea to add to my repertoire. It isn't quite finished yet; I still have to add the title and journaling and stuff, but I still like it a lot.

The second page there is actually another page that I did for the Fearless Art Journaling course. I love her techniques, and the way that it looks it just amazing any way that you end up looking at it. She talks about being very spontaneous with your work, and especially just going with your gut feeling instead of stopping every second or two to think over what you just put down on the page. This two is very much the way that I work, and I really enjoyed working on this page. By the way, I do know that the actual saying is "Less is More", NOT "More is Less." But I thought that it sort of worked vice versa as well, and went along with the same train of thought. I just thought that it might be an interesting thing to work with to see how it turned out.


And here I am showing you an ALL-PAPER collage that I did. As you've probably seen so far on my blog, I am very fond of paint in my collages, so the mere THOUGHT of doing a collage with nothing but paper was kind of stressful to me. But the thing is, you can sort of use the same guidelines as you do with paint. You can be spontaneous and quick, and try not to worry about what you are doing. I've done two so far; the one above is my second that I started yesterday, gluing down a couple of pieces, and finished up today. I did most of it today, so that's the date that is on the back. I found it very fun and a sort of interesting mix up from what I've done in the past. If you tend to use a lot of paint in your work, and find yourself stuck in a sort of rut, where you feel like you're doing the same thing on every page, I highly recommend this. But that's all I've got for you guys today, and I'll see you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...