Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Traci Bautista Inspired Page


Hey guys! I've been experimenting a bit in my journal today and for a few days now. I've been having quite a bit of fun in it too. Traci Bautista is hosting a free e-course over at the Strathmore Ning site, and I was just experimenting a bit with the week one prompts. This page isn't finished at all yet, but these are just some of the first few layers. I have quite a bit down. I don't really know how to count these layers, since the entire style and work process is way different than what I normally do, but I still had a whole bunch of fun. This is what I normally do when I'm working on my journals. I take these courses (free and paid) and I'll experiment with their styles in my journal. And after I've done that for a few pages (as few as 5 or as many as 20), then I'll find small ways to incorporate their style into my work. An example of this would be Traci Bautista's style. I love it. So much. But I really enjoy my style as well. Since this is the first spread that I've really done a full out Traci style on, I don't really know what details of her work that I'm going to incorporate into mine yet.

But I can list a few of the things that I definitely like about her work. I love the bright colors that she uses. She can combine the colors into the most amazing combinations. Some of the most unexpected things ever. But they work. Something else that I love about her work are all of the amazing patterns that she uses. She will have the most graphic, vibrant doodles. I just love the whole vibe. I'll probably end up adapting the paint doodling. That would probably make a pretty cool layer for my pages. That's what I do. I take the stuff from it that will make cool layers. Because you guys know that I love layers. :)


I just thought that I'd share an extra picture with you guys today. Normally you guys just see my pages, which I hope that you're glad to see. But I thought today I would share with you guys a picture of the same page if you just zoom out a little bit. I just thought that I'd show you my workspace while I'm working on a piece. Some people are perfectly tidy when they work, but I just can't understand that. If I break every three seconds to put something away while I'm in the middle of a page, then I'll totally get out of the groove of my whole page. I like to work very quickly and spontaneously, and I can't easily do that if I have to stop at regular intervals. Well, that's really all that I've got for you guys today, and I'll see you tomorrow!! :) Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...