Monday, August 15, 2011

Art Journal Background


Hey everyone!! I'm back with all of you once again. This is actually close to one of my favorite pages I've ever made. It's pretty interesting actually. Not as bright as I normally go, but in the same type of color scheme. Basically I just did a REALLY bright page, and then dulled it way down with a really thin coat of gesso. I was hoping it would make it easier to write on, and I'm sort of assuming that it will, considering. The border is probably my very favorite part. I mixed a chocolate brown by taking my regular brown tempera paint, and mixing just a tad bit of black into it. I love the way it turned out. Probably later tonight I'll be adding some journaling page to the base, and then add a bit more gesso. I love journaling before bed lately; it feels like just a different way of keeping a diary or something. Though I prefer the term JOURNAL over diary. Diary sounds too girly to me. Yeah.


Here's a close up of the middle part of the background. Looks pretty cool, huh? I think so. :) Sorry there's not that much of post today. But this was the best I could do. :) One last thing before I go; I worked pretty much all day today on a new website for me to sell mixed media supplies for you guys. Here's a link: http://jellybeansdesign.weebly.com :) I hope to see you guys there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...