Saturday, August 13, 2011

Does This Look Familiar to You??


Well? Does it? :P It should. This is my page from yesterday. I just added a bunch onto it. Yesterday, I just had the background and the journaling down, and today I added some more. I added the photo, the strip of masking tape, and the piano embellishment. I also added the border along the side. That's probably my favorite part of this page, so I'll show more on that later. I just thought it would be cool to show you guys how I really work on my pages. Flipping back and forth between multiple sheets, and playing with the effects I can get. Also, I wanted to show you guys the depth you can get. This page probably took me 3-4 days to complete, but I love it a lot; maybe more than a lot of the pages I've completed in one sitting. I just think that once you give it time to sit, then it's more 'marinated' in your mind.


Here's a better look at the embellishment/photo cluster. Sorry the angle isn't that flattering, I don't really know what happened there. But anyways, I started out with the photo. I tried a few other pictures, before I decided on this one. There's something about it that just complimented the page. Once you set the picture on the page, you can tell exactly when it works, and when it doesn't. I put on the masking tape and all the doodling. But it just didn't seem finished, if you know what I mean. So I sorted through A TON of my embellishments before finally deciding upon this one. Now onto my absolute favorite part. The border.


And here's a closeup of it. It started out as just an accent, with the stenciled black partial circles on the side. I liked it then, but it just wasn't right. It felt strange. Different. Foreign. So what I ended up doing was taking a white gel pen and putting dots around the edges. It was pretty cool then, but I felt like it needed something more. So I took one of my favorite acrylic stamps, and used white acrylic paint to stamp it on the inside of the circles. It was then perfect.

So that's what I've got for today. A bit of a longer post, and it was fun. :) See you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...