Sunday, August 21, 2011

Art Journal Page and Homemade Stamps


Hey guys! First of all for today I just want to start off by apologizing for not posting yesterday. I was just otherwise distracted, and wasn't really feeling the art mood. So yeah. Sorry. But I'm posting now. :) I'm gonna start off with this page that I just was working on today; the blue strips that are on there are actually strips that I cut from a copy of a previous art journal page and glued onto it. I added white acrylic paint over the tops, and then alternating Portfolio oil pastels to each stripe. I finished it off with a layer of stamping of a foam flower stamp.


Here is one of the pages that I sort of have been making as extra collage material. I've been messing around with laying the book paper down on top of non dried paint, and then pulling it up. It creates excellent texture on both pieces. This one has been used on multiple pages and it almost ready for collage work. Probably what I'll do is make color copies in several sizes and use the photocopies instead of the original. And then maybe eventually I'll use the originals when I'm ready, and have made new ones to use. :) You can sort of see the words from the book paper in the background. These pages are from an old dictionary, but you could use anything. You could even use newspapers or magazine pages.


The last thing I wanted to share with you tonight is this picture of some stamps I've made. I made the eraser ones by carving into cheap, dollar store erasers with an exacto knife to create the designs. The swirly one I made by gluing string onto a piece of cardboard. And the other one I made by gluing a foam shape onto another piece of cardboard. :) That's all I've got for you today, so I guess I'll see you guys later! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. eraser stamps = great texture!
    thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...