Monday, August 29, 2011

Art Journal Collage Papers


Hey guys! I'm here. What's happening? It's been so long since I posted. At least it seems that way. In reality though, it's only been a couple days. Trust me when I say that I'm trying, but it's just getting harder as school goes on and I keep getting more homework. But I seem to keep trying to work in my art journal each day. Sometimes on loose pages, and sometimes in a bound journal. I used to be ADDICTED to doing only a bound journal, and finishing a page before I started another. But, as I've went on, it seems I've gotten better, and am a whole lot less strict when it comes to working on art. Now I use loose pages and bound journals, and I have about 5 or 6 art journals started/planned. As it goes on, it just seems to get crazier!

In the picture above, you can see what I've been working on today. Loose pages. These I normally copy and then use in my work, or just collage onto my pages. I made my own little collection of paper. Four sheets. So far I've done about 12 of these sheets and you've already seen 3 of them. here are four more, and these are like the only ones that actually go together, but I think that as I create more sheets, I'll be able to create more little collections that work together. These are really cool sheets, which I start out with magazine pages, then prep them in different ways. Then I do stamping with found objects on top of it. So far I've done a bunch, and I LOVE working on them. :) That's all I have for you guys today, and I'll talk to you later! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I recently read a book from the Library, "Collage in Color" by Jane Davies. I'm hoping my hubby will buy it for me sometime (used). The pages themselves, are so colorful, but the ideas for backgrounds are similar to what you are doing, so you're on a successful track, for sure.
    Your backgrounds shown here also remind me of Sarah 101 on HGTV (Sarah Richardson)....she constantly mixes patterns....something I'm so afraid of...lol.
    I can sense the hectic life you are leading now with going to school..I hope your art is relaxing and that you are not stressing by keeping this blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sorry, that's "Collage with Color", you can do a search on Amazon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...