Thursday, August 11, 2011

An In Progress Page


Hey everybody!! I'm back for yet another blog post! I know I've said it before, but I've really missed this blog. :) This is a page that I worked on a little bit today; I was actually messing around with it on Ustream a bit, but then I got interrupted to go swimming. :) So this page isn't actually finished; actually the strips of book paper in the corner aren't even glued down yet. I'll do a type of step by step run through of this page, since I haven't put that many layers down yet. I started off with a bunch of leftover paint from the previous page that I had scraped down. You can't really see it that well, but it's there never the less. Next I had some dried paint in my pallet, so I wet my paintbrush, and used it like watercolors. It was pretty cool. It made a type of wash. After that had dried, I stamped text with black acrylic paint. After letting it dry a little bit, I scraped any extra lumps with a credit card for texture.


Then I put a thin layer of gesso over the top, before finishing off the corner with a black flower stencil. There are still going to be a few more layers over the top of this, including journaling and a title, but for the most part I guess it's pretty much done. Mostly because I love the way it looks. I might add something to the middle of the flower, I'm not really sure yet. But anyways; I'll see you guys tomorrow; maybe I'll have a longer post for you guys then. :) Talk you you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...