Friday, September 2, 2011

Art Journal Page + Dream Index Card


Hey guys! I'm back with a bit more of my work for today. I love working in my journal, and I managed to make a few things today. :) I'm participating in quite a few monthly/weekly/daily challenges. I'm kind of addicted to these, but they're so fun that I can't help it. :) If you look at the page above, you can see something that I've been working on. It's in my art journal for 21 secrets. I started out with an oil background. I loved the way it looked, but I just didn't know what to do from there. I stenciled some flourishes on it with black poster paint, and then I ended up painting over the entire thing with a burnt orange paint. I lifted some of it off with another piece of paper, creating a sort of distressed look. Then I went over the whole thing  with gesso, and painted stripes of the same burnt orange color. That's all I've got so far on THIS page. :)


And this last thing that I've got for you. A 3x5 altered index card. This is something new that I'm starting. Over at daisyyellow, in the month of September, she challenged us to make 25 altered index cards. Her and a bunch of other people did the same thing over the summer, and I started near the beginning, but it ended up just being an epic fail. This was a really easy card, and there were really only five or six layers to it. The first layer I just took my index card and sprayed it with some glimmer mist. After that I used a foam stamp and some black poster paint to put some flower on it. I smeared those around with my fingers a little, and then drew a frame around it with a marker. I sprayed one more layer of glimmer mist over the top, then added the letters. They were all different colors, so I painted them a bit, and lifted some of it off the top with a piece of book paper. And that's all she wrote. :P That's what I've got for you guys today, and I'll see you tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love those simple stripes! So lovely! Thanks for being a part of Art Journal Every Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...