Thursday, September 1, 2011

Collage/Gesso Piece


Hey everybody!! I'm back once again with you guys and gals, and I managed to work on some stuff today. With school and everything, I don't work quite as often as I have in the past, but I do enjoy the minutes that I am able to squeeze in each and every day. It means a lot to me; creating does. It energizes me, and it drives me forward in life. I know that sounds kind of weird, but it's true. When I work in a journal, it makes me happy. It's a cool thing. It's almost like that's my energy. Of course I still have to eat. :P If you look at the page above, you can see a piece that I've been working on; it's on a single sheet of watercolor paper, and I'm making it as a cover for a writing journal that I'm going to be working on for 21 Secrets. As I get further into this whole course, I'm starting to think that it's impossible to get even HALF WAY through it before the finish date it. You know what I mean?

I did this by taking my sheet of watercolor paper and using white glue to collage a bunch of random images to the sheet. I put the glue all over the collage pieces and then added some gesso over the top. Then I took off some of the gesso afterwards.


Here's a page that I was working on too. It worked out pretty cool. I took a magazine page from a Victoria magazine and put white gesso over the whole thing. Then I put some black paint on a foam stamp and stamped it twice in a corner. Then I put the orange paint on top. I love it. I don't know what I'm gonna to with it, but it's cool. :) Okay. See you guys later!

1 comment:

  1. love that; perhaps just frame it? or hang it on wire? it would make for a great piece of art.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...