Friday, June 15, 2012

Merged Challenges and ICAD 15


Hey guys! I'm here with some more art for you all today. Although we do have a little bit of a situation.  Today, some company from Ohio arrived to come and stay with us for a while. But I wasn't able to finish everything for the challenges. Because I was doing other stuff in order to get ready, and then, when they got here, I was talking to them, then playing games. So I decided to merge a couple of things today. I mixed my 30-30-30 challenge with my In The Sun journal. I thought that it would be an effective way to proceed with the projects without falling behind, but drastically cut down on the amount of time.


So that's what I decided to do. If I find enough time tomorrow, I will most definitely make an extra page for the 30-30-30 challenge. Because I'm just that OCD. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if the finished book for 30-30-30 only had 29 pages. It would be too stressful. I know, it's bad, but that's one of my OCD tendencies kicking in here.


BUT I do really love the way the page turned out. The challenge for In The Sun today was to find a summer motif, that you believed kept popping up. For me, it was butterflies. I've been seeing a lot of them this summer, and it really stood out to me. Plus, when I was in Costa Rica, I saw a bunch of really sweet butterflies. Rare ones too. So I've just been really into them since then.


For my ICAD today, I used one of the brand new prompts that Tammy posted up on the blog today. I find myself looking forward to these new lists every week, as I think that they are really inspiring me as to where I want to go with my art. Today, the prompt I chose was to do a word map of the color blue. Now blue is my favorite color, so I thought that it was kind of funny the places that it ends up going (inside jokes that I have with my friends and such).

So that's all I have for you guys today, and I hope to be back tomorrow. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...